Function: To provide a friendly and satisfying customer and brand experience while supervising the daily operations and merchandising of the shoe department to drive results.
- Extensive interaction with customers, shoe department associates and Management Team.
- Reports to Operations Manager or Store Manager.
- Some interaction with vendors and corporate visitors.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- In partnership with Operations Manager or Store Manager, actively participate in the talent selection process for shoe associates, along with providing feedback for reviews.
- Facilitate training for all shoe associates on customer service standards, merchandising standards, product flow, inventory flexing and signage to ensure consistency of Brand experience.
- Sets the standard for customer service expectations within the shoe department.
- Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed.
- Acts as resource for associates on product knowledge.
- Coach and direct associates as needed to maintain service standards.
- Proficient in fitting customers.
- Utilize daily and weekly sales reports to track, analyze and communicate business results to determine strategies and maximize sales.
- Communicate merchandise and product performance opportunities/observations and capture customer feedback and provide to Store Management.
- Facilitate open communication with Store Management on all pertinent information that relates to current direction and/or opportunities to drive business within the shoe department.
- Partners with Store Management to establish adjacency flow, department maintenance and daily operations.
- Works closely with Shoe team on new receipt placement.
- Leads the Shoe team to deliver expected shoe department standards consistently:
- Display shoes
- Product Feature Tags
- Bin maintenance: colorizing, sizing and recovery
- Pricing: ad sets, signage, price changes
- Clearance presentation and recovery
- Ensures returns, mis-mates and damages are handled timely and efficiently per company standards.
- Oversee Shoe department associates.
- Supervises sales floor to ensure quality customer experience as Team Sales Leader.
- May have keyholder responsibilities.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) in order to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must have full body rotation and hand usage (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, ringing etc.)
- Must be able to lift at least 20lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 12 foot ladder for maintaining merchandise.