Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, hires, and on boards direct reports, including all management and hourly associates.
- Maintains a fully staffed store through succession planning, building bench strength, and filling all openings in a timely manner.
- Leads training, on-going development and performance feedback for all associates and the Management Team.
- Develops, builds and maintains ongoing, collaborative, working relationships among the store team to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Leads and coaches a timely resolution of associate concerns and customer situations.
- Influences and promotes a climate which encourages others to do their best. Identifies and uses new, creative ways to motivate others.
- Drives store merchandise presentations that maximizes sales. Ability to re-merchandise in order to drive a satisfied customer experience and meet sales plan results.
- Treats our product with care and respect by maintaining a clean, neat and organized store.
- Executes merchandise functions within the store, including pricing policies and sales events.
- Ensures visual execution standards are met.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports, Regional teams, and Corporate partners.
- Leads and models a consistent customer experience daily.
- Builds customer loyalty by driving the Bealls Credit Card Program and email capture.
- Initiates, supports, and implements changes needed to improve the company’s efficiency.
- Creates and implements overall store action plans to drive key performance indicators and advance results around people, operations, merchandising, financial and customer aspects of the business.
- Evaluates and responds to store sales and payroll results on a daily basis using sales data and workforce scheduler.
- Executes all company policies, procedures, processes and ensures full compliance of federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Manages controllable expenses at store level.
- Performs all operational functions needed to run the store on a daily basis (e.g. POS system, computer network, maintenance, customer service and sales).
- Manages a safe working environment and the ongoing protection of Beall’s assets and funds.
- Accountable for all operations within their building.
- Supervise management associates through activities including (but not restricted to) hiring, motivating, delegating, promoting, counseling and coaching, performance appraisals and pay-rate reviews; scheduling and terminating.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must be able to climb 12 foot ladder.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e. bending, stooping, twisting, etc.).
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.