Position: Customer Service Associate – Guest Service/Office Associate
Function: To provide a friendly and satisfying customer experience, as well as complete daily Cash Office processes and procedures.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Extensive interaction with customers, associates and management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all customers
- Deliver a consistent customer experience by gaining trust and respect with our customer using selling behaviors
- Answer incoming calls and direct calls as needed
- Effectively process POS transactions and returns in an efficient and friendly manner
- Meets or exceeds credit and email goals
- Skillfully gift wraps customer items
- Handle daily opening and/or closing procedures of the Cash Office
- Balance cash drawers every morning and/or evening
- Prepare daily deposit for management team
- Maintain security on all money-related areas
- Supports and implements changes needed to improve the company’s efficiency
- Upholds the values and integrity of the company
- Works well with others to accomplish tasks, solve problems and achieve goals
- Treats our product with care and respect by maintaining a clean, neat and organized store
- Performs housekeeping duties including vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and polishing (mirrors, fixtures, cash wraps, displays, carpeting, or other surfaces)
- All other duties as needed to support the operation of the store within Bealls guidelines and policies.
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) in order to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility; i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching a minimum of 60 inches for stocking and maintaining merchandise, etc. to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must be able to climb a 6-ft ladder for maintaining and displaying merchandise (if applicable).
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds in order to unload and process merchandise.
- Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 20 pounds) for presentation and department changes.
- Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (vacuum, broom, mop, duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness.
- Must have full hand usage to operate hand tools.
- Required to stand on feet 95% of the day.
- High school diploma.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills, math skills and customer service skills.
- Work varying hours and schedules as required, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity
- Works well on a team