Position: Store Support Associate – Shoe Department Associate Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Date: December 19, 2014
Function: To provide a friendly and satisfying customer and brand experience in the Shoe department, directly impacting top line sales.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Extensive interaction with customers, other associates, Shoe Lead and management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all customers
- Acts as resource for associates on product knowledge
- Proficient in fitting customers
- Ensure returns, mis-mates and damages are handled properly per policy
- Maintain Shoe department standards consistently:
- Display shoes
- Product Feature Tags
- Bin maintenance: colorizing, sizing and recovery
- Pricing: ad sets, signage, price changes
- Clearance presentation and recovery
- Deliver a consistent customer experience by gaining trust and respect with our customer using selling behaviors.
- Use product knowledge provided by the corporate offices about vendors, styles, prices, and merchandise, to assist customers with purchase decisions
- Support and implement changes needed to improve the company’s efficiency
- Uphold the values and integrity of the company
- Work well with others to accomplish tasks, solve problems and achieve goals
- Treat our product with care and respect by maintaining a clean, neat and organized store
- Perform housekeeping duties including vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and polishing (mirrors, fixtures, displays, carpeting, or other surfaces)
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) in order to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must have full body rotation and hand usage (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.)
- Must be able to lift at least 20lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 6 foot ladder for maintaining merchandise.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 1 year footwear experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
Work varying hours and schedules, including evening, weekend and overnight shifts.