Function: To oversee daily operations, merchandising and customer experience of focused areas of business.
- Reports to Merchandise Manager.
- Extensive interaction with customers, associates and Management Team.
- Some interaction with vendors and Corporate visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager, actively participate in the talent selection process for store associates, Merchandise Handlers and Visual Merchandisers.
- Facilitate training for Merchandise Handlers and Visual Merchandisers on merchandising standards, product flow, inventory flexing and signage to ensure consistency of Brand experience.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager on the development of store specific presentations and merchandise concepts.
- Adapt Corporate Adjacencies to specific division layouts.
- Implement divisional merchandising concepts - shop concepts, trend ideas, lifestyle concepts.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager and Store Manager to identify business opportunities and create action plans to drive results.
- Continually teach, develop and empower direct reports (if applicable) to interpret Store, Divisional and/or Brand presentations to improve customer experience and drive top line sales.
- Coach and direct team to meet Bealls standards for:
- Guest Service delivery (storewide)
- Daily merchandise presentation and replenishment
- Daily recovery and rack maintenance
- Fitting room return racks
- Adjacency execution and maintenance
- Pricing: Ad sets, price changes and markdown presentation
- Utilize daily and weekly sales reports to track, analyze and communicate business results to determine strategies and maximize sales.
- Communicate merchandise and product performance opportunities/observations to Merchandise Manager.
- Communicate hardware, fixture and mannequin needs to Merchandise Manager.
- Facilitate open communication with Merchandise Manager and/or Store Manager on all pertinent information that relates to current direction and/or opportunities to drive business within their store.
- Plan and coordinate execution of promotions, aisle and impulse programs, and events.
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Minimum of two years of retail management experience with a two year college degree or equivalent retail management experience.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and influence teams.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to conduct effective Store walk-through's
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends to meet demands of the business.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Ability to travel based on business need.