Function: Responsible for creating and delivering a positive and satisfying in-store experience for both the internal and external customer to maximize business results and the customer experience
- Reports to the Regional Director with extensive interaction with the Regional Manager of Operations and the Regional Manager of Merchandising.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Attracts, hires, and on boards direct reports.
- Maintains a fully staffed store through succession planning, building bench strength, and filling all openings in a timely manner.
- Leads training, on-going development and performance feedback for all Associates and the Management Team.
- Develops, builds and maintains ongoing, collaborative, working relationships among the store team to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Leads and Coaches a timely resolution of associate concerns and customer situations.
- Influences and promotes a climate which encourages others to do their best. Identifies and uses new, creative ways to motivate others.
- Drives store merchandise presentations that maximize sales. Ability to re-merchandise in order to drive a satisfied customer experience and meet sales plan results.
- Treats our product with care and respect by maintaining a clean, neat and organized store.
- Executes merchandise functions within the store, including pricing policies and sales events.
- Ensures visual execution standards are met.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports, Regional teams, and Corporate partners.
- Leads and models a consistent customer experience daily.
- Builds customer loyalty by driving the Bealls Credit Card Program and email capture.
- Initiates, supports, and implements changes needed to improve the company’s efficiency.
- Creates and implements overall store action plans to drive key performance indicators and advance results around people, operations, merchandising, financial and customer aspects of the business.
- Evaluates and responds to store sales and payroll results on a daily basis using sales data and Workbrain workforce schedules.
- Executes all company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Manages controllable expenses at store level.
- Performs all operational functions needed to run the store on a daily basis (e.g. POS system, computer network, maintenance, customer service and sales).
- Manages a safe working environment and the ongoing protection of Beall’s assets and funds.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e. bending, stooping, twisting, etc.).
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Minimum of 5 years retail management experience with a 2 year college degree or equivalent upper-level retail management experience.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial, strategic, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and influence teams.
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings, weekends, and Holidays to meet demands of the business. A minimum of 45 hours are to be worked per week.
- Ability to travel based on business needs.