Position: Store Support Associate – Ad Set - Bealls Northdale (#032)
Date: December 19, 2014
Function: To sign and merchandise the sales floor to support advertising events in an efficient manner, while providing a friendly and satisfying customer experience.
- Reports to the Merchandise Manager
- Extensive interaction with customers, associates and management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes signing and merchandising for each advertising event consistent with Beall's standards and direction.
- Plans and executes product placement on the sales floor per Bealls standards.
- Takes a proactive approach in merchandise sell-through, remerchandising fixtures as needed to positively influence sales.
- Ensures proper usage of hardware/fixtures to maintain a safe and clean shopping environment.
- Produces quality work with attention to detail, in a consistent, timely and organized manner.
- Communicate successes, opportunities and solutions to the Store Management team.
- Work in a safe manner and maintains a clean operating work space on and off sales floor.
- Greet and assist all customers, promoting a satisfying customer experience above all other tasks.
- As needed, may perform housekeeping duties including vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and polishing (mirrors, fixtures, displays, carpeting, or other surfaces)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility; i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, etc. to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must be able to climb a 12-ft ladder for maintaining and displaying merchandise.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds in order to unload and process merchandise.
- Must be able to reach a minimum of 60 inches for stocking and maintaining merchandise.
- Must have full hand usage to operate hand tools.
- Required to stand 95% of the day.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of merchandising experience.
- Signing and pricing experience in a retail environment a plus
- Knowledge of floor sets and planograms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to plan, prioritize and multi-task efficiently.
- Must be responsive to a continually changing retail environment.
- Work varying hours and schedules, including evening, weekend and overnight shifts.