Position: Gift Wrap / Customer Service Associate
Date: December 19, 2014
Function: To provide exceptional service for our customers including but not limited to gift wrapping, return processing, payment and sale transaction processing, answering phones, and other services assigned by management.
- Reports to Operations Managers.
- Extensive interaction with customers, associates and management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all customers.
- Follow proper procedures for protecting sensitive personal identifiable customer information while on the sales floor.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Support and implement changes needed to improve the company’s efficiency.
- Uphold the values and integrity of the company.
- Work well with others to accomplish tasks, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Treat our product with care and respect by maintaining a clean, neat and organized store.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) in order to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility; i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching a minimum of 60 inches for stocking and maintaining merchandise, etc. to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must be able to climb a 6-ft ladder for maintaining and displaying merchandise (if applicable).
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds in order to unload and process merchandise.
- Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 20 pounds) for presentation and department changes.
- Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (vacuum, broom, mop, duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness.
- Must have full hand usage to operate hand tools.
- Required to stand on feet 95% of the day.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must have computer skills; be familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook and the ability to read and reply to online orders.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Work varying hours and schedules as required, including nights, weekends, and holidays.