Function: To provide support and supervision in the Shoe Department regarding all aspects of divisional operations and presentation.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Extensive interaction with customers, Shoe department associates and Management Team.
- Some interaction with vendors and corporate visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Store Management to establish adjacency flow, department maintenance and daily operations.
- Works closely with Shoe team on new receipt placement.
- Sets the standard for customer service expectations within the department.
- Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed.
- Acts as resource for associates on product knowledge.
- Proficient in fitting customers.
- Leads the Shoe team to deliver expected shoe department standards consistently:
- Display shoes
- Product Feature Tags
- Bin maintenance: colorizing, sizing and recovery
- Pricing: ad sets, signage, price changes
- Clearance presentation and recovery
- Ensures returns, mis-mates and damages are handled properly per policy.
- Provides merchandise assortment input to Operations Manager and Store Manager relative to customer requests and comments.
- Partner with Visual Merchandisers to create visual impact and ensure correct Brand signing/graphics
- Participate in talent selection for Shoe associates
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years footwear experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Ability to supervise a team through clear communication and teamwork.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.