Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
CAD Artist (Apparel) for Beall’s Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Doing what you love! Create and develop innovative, original artwork for Beall’s private brands, while supporting the seasonal mood and direction of the products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Fashion Design Or Textile Design Illustration
- Experience required 2-4 yrs.
- Strong Artistic background including the ability to create conceptual and final art in several mediums
- Must be passionate about fashion design
- Product Development experience is preferred with background in textiles or apparel.
- Proficiency and expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator required.
- Applicants will be required to provide a portfolio for review in addition to completing a project
- Willingness to listen, learn and execute quickly.
- Ability to perform in in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Essential Functions):
- Create concept artwork from original sketches, paintings or purchased prints. Later translate art into vector-based drawings using Illustrator or Photoshop for production purposes.
- Fast paced, creative zone working as a team to design Private brands.
- Work closely with Designer or Product Manager to create and build a product line.
- Assist the Designer to develop consistent standards for color, label placement, pattern matching, print definition and trim details.
- Clarify all design elements and create any additional art required for PDM completion.
- Attend and participate in all brand milestones meeting for product development and understand the business, trends and requirements to stay ahead of development.
- Meet artwork deadlines in accordance to production timelines to ensure targeted deliveries.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.).
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information. Thank you!