Summary of Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- In partnership with the Operations or Store Manager, actively participate in talent selection for Receiving team, as well as providing feedback for reviews.
- Facilitate training for all receiving associates on truck process and backroom organization standards.
- General dock operations: Supervision of Processors; direct all functions related to processing of all incoming and outgoing retail merchandise and fixtures. Oversee truck deliveries; unload trailers, process soft line and hard line inventory in an efficient and timely manner.
- Partner with store Merchandise Manager and Merchandise Handlers to prioritize allocation of product to departments.
- Set an example and lead the team to meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Partner with the Store Management Team to identify efficiency opportunities, improved processes, as well as implement standards and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all merchandise is floor ready by properly folding or hanging in the stock area.
- Move merchandise to the appropriate staging area for expedition by department Merchandise Handlers.
- Ensures direct-to-store purchase orders are received and entered on the AS400 per policy (in partnership with Store Management).
- Backroom organization:
- Fixtures – assemble, disassemble, move and store fixtures and parts.
- Visual Stockroom
- Sign Library
- Maintain a high expectation for housekeeping standards by keeping the stockroom organized, clean and free of trash.
- Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing and executing all safety best practices.
- Assists the Management Team with inventory preparations and participates in the actual inventory.
- Asset protection.
- Oversees Receiving associates.
- Supervises sales floor to ensure quality customer experience as Team Sales Leader.
- May have keyholder responsibilities.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) in order to replenish and maintain merchandise.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.)
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 12 foot ladder for maintaining merchandise.