Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Allocation Analyst – Beall’s Stores
Beall’s Stores is looking for a talented professional to join their team as an Allocation Analyst. The right candidate will be responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels to our stores in order to maximize sales potential and increase inventory productivity. This will be done through analysis of reports to determine the right amount, correct timing and proper flow of merchandise from our distribution center into the stores. This individual will work closely with the Planning, Merchandising/Buying, Store Operations teams as well as other teams throughout Beall’s.
This position requires an associate that has a strong attention to detail, is an analytical thinker, and works well in a team-oriented environment. They are responsible for maintaining appropriate by store inventory levels by department/class/sku to maximize profitability in order to meet sales and gross margin goals. In partnership with the Planning and Buying teams, you'll develop distribution strategies based on analysis of current sales trend, inventory levels by store, and past selling history to achieve optimal inventory levels. You will assist in identifying trends and business opportunities as needed. Our ideal candidate is motivated to make things happen, flexible in approach, adaptable to changing situations and a team player.
A day in the life may include, but not limited to:
- Using your sense of curiosity to acquire business acumen and deeper business intelligence thru analysis, reviewing reports and interaction with the cross functional teams; then applying this knowledge to influence the business in all your actions
- Allocating merchandise to the stores based on their plan needs
- Analyze and react to individual store trend and the performance of store groupings to better flow merchandise and allocate inventory.
- Ad Hoc product/store analysis to help refocus strategies with immediate impact to stores.
- Take ownership and proactively manage stock based on sales performance, highlighting findings to the rest of the Buying and Planning team
- Create, run and maintain various weekly reports to help understand and drive the business
- Analyze and react to selling, manage-up findings and propose plan of action
- Analyze size selling on an appropriate cadence to facilitate buy process
- Able to build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with planning and members of cross-functional teams.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly departmental team meetings, where Buying and Planning review sales and stocks and relate performance to the departmental strategy
- Make weekly call-outs regarding inventory levels at the store
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge and overall team effectiveness
- Travel to stores to increase awareness of specific store businesses
The finer print:
- Strong logical analysis and problem solving skills - This is an analytical role with lots of numbers, analytics– someone with a passion for each of these would thrive in this role
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to fast-paced, dynamic business environment to meet deadlines
- Proven excellence in identifying and communicating business insights to middle and upper management
- Demonstrate good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Strong independent thinking, ability to work in teams, and willingness to challenge others
- Knowledge of analytical tools (i.e. Excel).
Our "Must Haves":
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Inspires the values in their peers
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and embrace the Beall’s culture and values in their everyday interactions
- A good team player
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information.