Position: Area Manager Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Revised: April 17, 2017
Function: To oversee daily operations, merchandising and customer experience of focused areas of business.
Reports to Store Manager.
Extensive interaction with customers, associates and Management Team.
Some interaction with vendors and corporate visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager, actively participate in the talent selection process for store team.
- Prepares and delivers performance reviews for direct reports.
- Facilitate training for Merchandise Handlers on merchandising standards, product flow, inventory flexing and signage to ensure consistency of Brand experience.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager on the development of store specific presentations and merchandise concepts.
- Adapt Corporate Adjacencies to specific division layouts.
- Implement divisional merchandising concepts - shop concepts, trend ideas, lifestyle concepts.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager and Store Manager to identify business opportunities and create action plans to drive results.
- Continually teach, develop and empower direct reports (if applicable) to interpret Store, Divisional and/or Brand presentations to improve customer experience and drive top line sales.
- Coach and direct team to meet Bealls standards for:
- Guest Service delivery (storewide)
- Daily merchandise presentation and replenishment
- Daily recovery and rack maintenance
- Fitting room return racks
- Adjacency execution and maintenance
- Pricing: Ad sets, price changes and markdown presentation
- Execute all company policies, procedures, processes as required and ensures full compliance of all operational procedures and paperwork as well as federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Perform all operational functions needed to run the store on a daily basis (e.g. opening, closing, POS system, computer network, maintenance, customer service and sales).
- Utilize daily and weekly sales reports to track, analyze and communicate business results to determine strategies and maximize sales.
- Communicate merchandise and product performance opportunities/observations to Merchandise Manager.
- Communicate hardware, fixture and mannequin needs to Merchandise Manager.
- Facilitate open communication with Merchandise Manager and/or Store Manager on all pertinent information that relates to current direction and/or opportunities to drive business within their store.
- Plan and coordinate execution of promotions, aisle and impulse programs, and events. Manage a safe working environment and the ongoing protection of Beall’s assets and funds.
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Supervise department associates on a daily basis through activities including (but not restricted to) interviewing, motivating, delegating, promoting, counseling and coaching, performance appraisals, and terminating.
- Supervise sales floor through coaching and motivating associates to ensure quality customer experience as Team Sales Leader.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the essential job duties.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.)
- Must be able to climb a 12 foot ladder.
- Must be able to lift at least 20lbs.
I have read and understand the responsibilities listed on this job description.
I understand that the duties listed in this job description could change at any time.