Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Business Analyst (Store Systems) with Beall’s Inc.
To support customers throughout the company by leading efforts in gathering requirements, creating specifications, coordinating communications, and developing partnerships between Business and IS which will meet the requirements of their unique business needs.
Reports to the Store Systems Development Manager.
Extensive interaction with customers throughout the company, including store personnel and other corporate center departments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Responsible for efforts to assist customers in analyzing business needs to develop requirements for specific projects.
- Responsible for developing functional specifications based upon these requirements with the support of Technical Teams. Expected activities related to this requirement are:
- Meet with internal/external business partners to gather requirements and translates the requirements to specifications to be used by the various teams.
- Create workflows, test cases and technical documentation.
- Prepares reports to communicate functional design, detailed design, entity relation diagrams, data flow diagrams, general processing instructions, testing recommendations, documentation recommendations, system limitations, and miscellaneous other internal documentation.
- Responsible for developing an intimate knowledge of the business functions, various systems, and applying these needs to drive Store Systems development and configuration.
- Responsible for developing or reviewing test scripts to test software for compliance within functional and technical specifications.
- Responsible for developing UAT test plan and determining product delivery meets customers expectation as per requirements gathered.
- Responsible for developing and fostering good working relationships with customers.
- Responsible for developing customer documentation and training materials.
- Supporting role in:
- Troubleshooting and maintaining existing systems and resolve problems when they arise.
- Developing and implementing standards and procedures.
- Developing and implementing process improvements for Store Systems department and customers.
- Deployment activities related to front end processes associated with the business strategy.
- Assist in determining success of projects by:
- Developing SLA metric reports for front end solutions.
- Evaluates technical solutions which meet operational, reporting, client, and business needs.
- Provides Level 3 Support Functions for front end Retail Systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the business practices within the Store Systems modules. (POS, Kiosk, Mobile Devices, backend data endpoints.)
- Prefer experience in Store Systems solutions. Loyalty, POS, Credit Processing, TLOG data, or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- Two or more years of business process experience is required.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English. Capable of clearly communicating throughout all levels of the Organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
Position requires employee to be able to perform professional office duties, such as prolonged use of a personal computer, periodic phone usage throughout the day, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.